A page to describe my activities and academics at the time of being an applicant – of course, these have changed now, but these were my activties and stats when I applied and got admitted.
I’m happy to answer questions about any of my premed experiences! Message me over at the ‘contact’ page of this website.
- BSc. in Microbiology & Immunology (with a minor in General Biology) with a cGPA of 3.9/4.0 (OMSAS GPA)
- Middle/long-distance running
- Intramural sports at university
- 400 hours as a Medical Laboratory Assistant (doing both in- and out-patient blood collection in a hospital setting)
- 100 hours clinical in a rehabilitation facility for amputies, brain/spine injuries, arthritis, etc.
- 20 hours of a youth-mentorship program, teaching Grade 8s the basics of medical science (CPR, anatomy, etc.)
- Yearly fundraiser (4 years running) for the Heart and Stroke Foundation
- 2 hours shadowing a physician in the Department of Hematopathology
- 5.5 hours shadowing physicians in the Department of Anatomical Pathology (including a 3.5 hour autopsy)
- 2 hours shadowing technologists in the department of Cardiology/Electrodiagnosis (opportunities for shadowing in Nova Scotia are available through the NSHA website)
My test practice scores
Tests were done timed and under test conditions unless marked otherwise:
- Official AAMC Sample Test: 38/59, 40/53, 49/59, 51/59 [untimed]
- AAMC Section Bank B/B: 74/100 [untimed]
- AAMC Section Bank C/P: 82/100 [untimed]
- AAMC Section Bank P/S: 79/100 [untimed]
- TPR MCAT Review Test 1: 506 (125/127/127/127)
- Kaplan FL1: 507 (126/127/128/126)
- AAMC Official Guide Questions: 23/30, 26/30, 25/30, 26/30
- AAMC QP Physics: (unscored) [untimed]
- AAMC QP Chem: 104/120 [untimed]
- AAMC QP CARS 1: 85/120
- AAMC QP CARS 2: 97/120
- TPR MCAT Review Test 2: 504 (123/128/126/127)
- TPR FL1: 511 (126/126/129/130)
- AAMC FL1: 516 (130/127/131/128)
- AAMC FL2: 513 (129/125/131/128)
Score prediction (based on how I think I did after leaving the test centre):
- 509 (126/126/130/127)
- 519 (130/130/131/128)
This site is 100% non-profit and free to use.
I lost my father and grandfather to heart disease, so it’s a cause that is very important to my family and I. Thank you!