This past summer, a classmate and I have been busy working on a new podcast called Pluripotent Premed which we intent to act as an audio guide for navigating the premed years as a Canadian applicant. We dive into all topics related to the MCAT, med school interview, extracurriculars, and more. We will also be interviewing classmates of ours who are got into med from alternative backgrounds (e.g. arts, nursing, other careers) and also those who are pursuing an M.D./PhD to give you a better idea of how the program works and what to expect. We will release an episode every Monday.
If this sounds like something that you’re interested in, please check us out on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) and on podcasting platforms (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play, and most other major podcasting platforms).
Thanks for reading! We are really excited about this project and we hope to help as many people as possible. Please feel free to message me on Reddit or on our Facebook page if you have any questions!
Episode release schedule (subject to change):
- Sept 12 – Intro episode (‘Episode 0’) [no actual premed content, just introductions]
- Sept 16 – MCAT series: MCAT explained
- Sept 30 – MCAT series: What resources to use
- Oct 7 – MCAT series: Studying advice/experiences from med students
- Oct 14 – MCAT series: Conquering CARS
- Oct 21 – MCAT series: Sciences
- Oct 28 – MCAT series: Is my MCAT score competitive in Canada?
- Nov 04 – Interview series: Pre-interview (preparation)
- Nov 11 – Interview series: Day-of (what to expect)
- Nov 18 – Extracurricular series: Extracurriculars explained
- Nov 25 – CASPer