Folder: PLANNING THE MCAT
The folder contains the following documents:
- My personal schedule, based on a little over 3 months of full time study, using KA as a primary resource. Here’s a summary:
- ~2 months of content review, all Khan Academy (KA) following with Reddit-compiled notes and adding a bunch of my own notes. During this time I did daily CARS practice, and learned 4 amino acids per week (structure, abbreviation, & polarity)
- All my notes can all be found under the Notes tab of the website.
- Note: I didn’t review any B/B materials during my initial content review because I have a strong bio background. The only B/B content review I did was during the final month of my studies, where I interlaced it with practice tests, just filling in knowledge gaps where necessary.
- Next, ~1 month of practice tests, usually in a 3-day cycle of 1 day of testing followed by 2 days of review
- A digestible version of the MCAT topics list
File: Error log example.xls
- It’s useful to have an error log so that you can review your mistakes and see where you are making your errors and what you need to improve on most (timing? skim reading? second-guessing?). I’ve included a snippet of my error log so you can see the kind of reviewing I did. Feel free to delete the contents and use the error log as a template for your own error log
File: Score predictor.xls
- Plug in your scores from the AAMC practice materials and see where you stand
File: Activity log.XLS
- A day-by-day breakdown of exactly what I did that day, with a commentary of how I felt about each test/resource/day etc.
Links to webpages with useful information for planning the MCAT:
Webpage: Khan Academy MCAT VidEOS
- My primary source of information. I used the Reddit-compiled KA notes, adding clarifications where necessary, and transcribing/making sweet notes as I went, allowing me to complete the KA video transcription project!
Webpage: AAMC Complete Topics list for MCAT
- AAMC’s exhaustive list of all topics covered on the MCAT.
Webpage: My CARS tips
- Some general tips from me on how to improve your CARS game.
This site is 100% non-profit and free to use.
I lost my father and grandfather to heart disease, so it’s a cause that is very important to my family and I. Thank you!